Finally, a book on vintage Rolex Datejust!
It is easily the most popular vintage watch of the moment. But weirdly, the Rolex Datejust did not have its own book yet. That has just changed!
Our very own Thomas van Straaten has taken on the challenge of writing a comprehensive book on vintage Rolex Datejust from 1945-1990: “The vintage Rolex Datejust buyer’s & collector’s guide”
You may have encountered his writing before, as he takes care of most of AWCo’s product texts and blog articles. This time, however, he took on a project of an entirely different scale.
The vintage Rolex Datejust buyer’s & collector’s guide
The book has been launched on Kickstarter, reaching its required funding goal in a day-and-a-half. It is, however, still possible to buy your copy at a discounted early-supporter price until September 30th 2021.
The book covers, among other things:
- Complete Datejust history 1945-1990
- All significant references from that era
- Photography of common, rare and super-exotic examples
- Microscope imagery of dials and significant details
- Buying guide, how to buy a vintage Datejust with security and confidence
- Full reference lists