The Amsterdam Watch Company has two forms of warranty, the different forms of warranty we give are explained in the paragraphs below.
1. Authenticity: Amsterdam Watch Company guarantees you that any vintage watch sold by us is authentic. We check the authenticity of the full movement, the dial, and the entire watch case. We check whether everything is original and we check if all the parts belong together regarding the moment of production. However, some watches have had a dial change and sometimes the correct/original dial is not available anymore, in a case like this a watch will only be sold with an appropriate dial and you’ll be informed when we sell an irregular composition.
The guarantee on authenticity does not apply when it comes to some spare parts which are often changed during maintenance like the glass, crown, hands, and strap. We always strive to keep everything as original as possible but sometimes appropriate spare parts may not be available anymore. These parts are often changed with still original but more modern parts or the best available ‘pre-owned’ option to approach the original condition as close as possible, therefore we cannot say these parts are entirely authentic for the product, this simply is a part of vintage watches.
2. Movement function warranty: We give warranty on the functionality of the movement. Any vintage watch sold by the AWCo has been through serious quality tests so they meet our strict standards related to functionality. Therefore we give a 2-year warranty upon the entire functionality of your watch movement starting on the date of purchase. The warranty is only valid with our warranty certificate present with the watch.
The movement warranty ends when:
- There’s been damage done to the watch due to blamable incautious behavior.
- There’s been work performed on the watch by other watchmakers than the AWCo’s.
- There’s damage as a result of water/moisture in the watch.
Keep in minds that you’ve bought a VINTAGE watch, these require more subtleness so treat them with care. Watch out with sports (shocks/g-forces). Watch out with water and moisture (heavy rain/bathroom), when there’s moisture in your watch it’s of great importance to get this cleaned out as soon as possible. Always have an expert take care of your watch, movements are complicated and require an expert approach.